Poppy Seeds Nutrition Facts and Amazing Health Benefits
Do you Know about Poppy Seed and its Benefit??Poppy seeds nutrition facts and Amazing health benefits:Poppy seed, commonly known as ‘khus khus’ in Hindi .It is essentially the oilseed derived from the poppy plant its scientific name is Papaver somniferum . These seeds do not contain narcotic properties. Seed are small and deformed in shape, having a crisp texture and like nut flavour.
Poppy Seeds Health Benefits:
- They are effective in quenching thirst, fever, inflammation, constipation and irritation of the abdomen.
- This seeds are one of the necessary ingredients in many cooling medicines.
- Its act as a supply of your daily dose of minerals like iodine, manganese, zinc, magnesium and copper.
- The oil from poppy seeds plant is useful in treating carcinoma as it contains monounsaturated fatty acids.
- Poppy seeds add flavour and texture to breads, cookies, muffins, cakes and other foods.
- As an Ayurvedic medicine, these seeds are sometimes grounded into a paste with milk to form a skin-renewing moisturizer.
Poppy seed can help cure sleep disorders as it will create a strong desire to sleep. Drinking warm milk with poppy seed paste before going to bed is very effective in inducing sleep and treating insomnia.
High Nutrition : Khus khus seeds are good source of Omega-6 fatty acids, protein and dietary fibers. They also contain various phytochemicals , Vitamin B, Thiamin, Calcium and Manganese. Hence khus khus offers a high nutritional value.
Improve Heart Health : An excellent source of essential fatty acids such as linoleic acid, which helps to lower cholesterol in the body, simply add a few seeds to your food (sprinkle it on your dinner) will greatly improve your heart health and it may help in the prevention of a heart attack or heart disease.
Prevent Bone Damage : The calcium and phosphorus in Khus Khus can play a great role in preventing bone damage. Besides, the manganese in Khus Khus helps in the production of collagen, which is a protein that can also prevent bone damage. It’s easy to make a paste out of the khus khus seeds, you can apply it directly to the damaged joints and help ease the pain and swelling.